Internet is Enjoyable for Anything



Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ideas: Love Notes, Letters & More

"I Love You" Letter

Take a piece of paper and write (in ink) “I love you” all over it - sort of like if you got in trouble at school and had to write 25 times "I will listen." Then on the back of the paper I wrote a poem and a little quote: "All the ink in the universe could not express how much I love you." It was very effective and it doesn't take that long to make.

--submitted by Anonymous

"Virtual" Love

Once my boyfriend told me that he is planning to buy a new PC. So, I thought this is my chance of telling him how much I loved him. This idea is particularly good if you know programming. So what I did was I went to a computer shop and bought a 20GB hard disk and then formatted it myself. Before that I've created a simple program that once installed will pop up each time the computer is booted and each time it pops up, it'll display a love message, it includes something like, why I love him, what makes him so special, etc. I presented the disk to him without telling what I have installed inside! When he finally bought the computer and booted it, he was so surprised! He loved it so much as it is quite creative, he said!

--submitted by Leena

"Why I Love You" Heart Pillows

The idea is to make enough to give one a day until a special day arrives – building up to it. Since our anniversary is the 23rd of February, I made 10 of these to build up "10 days of love.” First, I wrote down 10 different reasons why I loved my lover, then added a somewhat simple illustration (stick people work - it did for me). Have the illustrations go with the reasons you came up with. Then I bought 1 yard each of red and white fabric (any material you like) and a variety of different colors of fabric paint. You will also need cotton stuffing, the kind you would use for stuffed animals (it can be found in any craft section or store). Make up a heart pattern/template that you will use to make all the heart cutouts, (plain white paper works for this: fold it in half first, trace out half a heart on the fold line and then cut it out, you will get a nice, symmetrical heart). Pin or trace your pattern onto the material and cut out an equal number of hearts from each fabric color (I did 10 of each color for a total of 20 hearts). Each finished heart with be white on one side, red on the other. On all of the red hearts, use white fabric paint to write out a reason why you love your lover. On all of the white hearts, use the colored fabric paints to draw the illustration to go with it. Once they have all dried, place the corresponding reason why you love your lover with the illustration face to face (so that the blank sides of the fabric are facing outwards) hand sew or use a sewing machine to sew all around the edges. Don't forget to leave a small opeining to turn the heart inside out and for stuffing in the cotton. Once they have been turned inside out, stuff them and then hand stitch the small opening shut. Once they were finished, every day for the 10 days leading up to our anniversary, I gave him one of the pillows until he got all 10.

--submitted by Rachel

10 Places Your Hands Could Be

This is a cute idea. Write a note to your man entitled: "10 places your hands could be other than this book!" Make your list as naughty as you want! Then slip the note into his favorite book, paper or magazine.

--submitted by Anonymous

10 Things I Miss

Because my guy and I live so far apart, I really miss him, especially around Valentine's Day. So, I made up a big poster that had a lot of pictures of us, and I made it up as a collage surrounding a list I made that said 10 things I missed about him. They were just simple things, for example: “I miss the way you touch my chin to kiss me." At the end of the list, I added a line to sum it all up, and made it to rhyme with the last item on the list: last on the list was, "I miss your smile" then "I miss all of the above that makes you so worthwhile" right after it. It’s a cute idea and while he reads the list, he can look at all the pictures of the good times that you and him have shared together.

--submitted by Anonymous

100 Reasons

For our 3-month anniversary I made a list of 100 different reasons why I loved my guy. They were just simple things like how he says I love you. Each month I give him another reason to add to his list. It's a fun way to keep the romance alive. We both love it!

--submitted by Casey

100 Reasons Picnic

I got this idea from combining two of my favorite ideas on this website! I realized after reading an idea about this couples 100th day anniversary, my boyfriend and I's 100th day anniversary was coming up. I typed up 100 reasons why I love him and cut out each one out. Then, I blew up 100 balloons, and put one reason in each balloon. He had to pop them to find the next one. I had a balloon that said START which was kind of an introduction to the game and one that said END which contained a large note that said "I love you" on it. The setting this whole time was in my bedroom with candles lit and blankets down with a picnic basket fully prepared--an indoor picnic in the bedroom with 100 reasons why I love JT right in front of him!

--submitted by Lindsay

100 Reasons Why I Love You

My fiancé and I live about an hour away from each other, and both of us are in college. Sometimes we get caught up in the hubbub of college life. We chat on the phone a lot, but that gets expensive for a broke, college girl, so we also chat on the computer. One day, he asked me if I was sure that I loved him and I told him of course. He asked me why, and I told him there were at least 100 reasons. When he asked me to name 5, I told him to give me a minute, I had to do something. In the buddy info of my chat program, I listed 10 reasons why I love him, for him and everyone else I know to see. I told him to check, and he called me up as soon as he read it gushing about how much he loved me. A week later, I put up 10 more, and the same thing the week after that. Once he caught on that there was a new set of 10 every week, he started doing the same thing. It lasted for 10 weeks. We had so much fun doing it, we just kept it up. It's a great little reminder to have sometimes, just to let you know that you're thought of.

--submitted by Melissa

101 Reasons Poster

I racked my brain for something special to give my boyfriend for our one-year anniversary. I bought the biggest sheet of poster board I could find, and folded it in half like a gigantic card. I wrote "101 reasons why I Love..." on the front and on the inside I wrote “YOU” right in the middle, then wrote the reasons all over the card (and did manage to come up with 101 things!). These things can be qualities the person has, or it can even be memories. Like for one I did, "Because you went down the big scary white slide at Waterworld even though you didn't want to", or "because you go to Chick Flicks with me", stuff like that. Come up with a list and check them off as you write them on the poster so you don't have to keep going back and actually counting them on the poster. (This gets confusing) I did the reasons in different colors too. He loved it! He said it was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for him.

--submitted by Rebecca

20 Special Things

Sometimes you don't really realize how special all the little things you do for each other really mean. I'd suggest listing about 20 of the tiniest things you just love and send it to your significant other. Things like the way they wink at you just cause or smile at you across the room.

--submitted by Briscoe's girl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home