Internet is Enjoyable for Anything



Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Love Poems

What is a love poem? Is it necessarily a poem about romantic love? About romance? Marriage and commitment? Or is a love poem something else entirely?

In a recent short story I wrote, a writer is told by a young critic that he doesn't understand love. "It's neither noble nor eternal, as you would have your audience believe," she says.

"Nobody understands love," the writer admits. "It seems to be Universal. Timeless. Yet, it's also very individual, filtered by our own lives and expectations. I don't understand love, and can't understand love, because it's a different thing for each of us."

These love poems are Universal. Timeless. And yet very much a different thing for each of us. We hope you enjoy them...


Can You See It In My Eyes?
by Sandy Fioretti

You don't know how I'm feeling.
I have yet to vocalize
Desire deep inside me.
Can you see it in my eyes?

I tremble when I'm near you
Heat travels up my thighs
and I want you with an urgency
That I just can't describe.

Dare I reach out to touch you?
Do you think you'd realize
How much I want and need you?
Can you see it in my eyes?

I long to say, "I love you,"
But am scared of your reply.
Terrified like a child
I've become paralyzed.

The camouflaged emotions
Lead to pain and silent cries.
And yet I just can't tell you.
Don't you see it in my eyes?

Confessing through this poem
My dilemma summarized.
The feeling's quite cathartic,
But will lead to my demise.


My Love
by Missy Anderson

Staring at a blank screen
waiting for your arrival
but you never come.
How could you leave me like this
alone in a world so cold
You told me you loved me with all your heart
I should have known from the very start
that our love would come to a bitter end.
I will remain waiting for you, though,
staring through my teary eyes
and hoping for an I.M. that will never come
knowing that I am just a figment from your past
and that this is really the end.


My Heart Believes In You
by Stewart Bradshaw

I kept my head up high,
and then you came my way.
I have been hurt so many times.
My heart filled with so much pain.
but now that pain has gone away.
For I have found a place I want to be.
This place I see is with thee.
For in your arms I have felt and seen,
a wonderful feeling that I cannot believe.
A safe haven in your arms just for me.
Now I give my heart to thee.
For my heart believes in you.


My Angel
by Boardman

There was a short time in my life
When my problems were more than my ex-wife
When all of a sudden this angel popped in
It was love at first site you could tell by my grin

Her hair was as golden as the brightest summer sun
For a while there, I was actually having fun
Her eyes were as blue as the purest blue ocean
And comfortable I was even without any motion

My Angel, I wanted to keep her

When we were together I had no more pain
Her beauty was breathtaking please let me explain
With her in my arms I melted like ice
She was gorgeous and smart and incredibly nice

Well now that you know the way that I felt
Let me tell you about the hand I was dealt
She came with her friend who was not even dating
And then she flew home to her boyfriend who was waiting

My Angel, I wanted to keep her
Oh Well!


To My Best Friend?
by Shannbodan

This is for the greatest person
that I have ever known.
Being away from you for so long
I am feeling so alone.
With you I am so happy
you keep my heart content.
But I had to be a volunteer -
so off to England I went.
That is where I found my heart
and how I feel for you.
I try so hard to deny this feeling
and I don't know what to do.
I said that I would never again
let someone take my heart.
And here I'm sitting wanting you
and hate that we're apart.
Everyday you are in my thoughts,
every night you're in my dreams.
I can't believe what's happening,
is this really what it seems?
I know you're only wanting
to be the best of friends,
but I am asking you sincerely
if it's your rule you'll bend.
To take a chance to know me
to let me share it all.
And maybe one day very soon
for me one day you'll fall.
Our friendship we now have
is something that I'd miss
but maybe once we let go
we will find eternal bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home